Central Platte NRD Board to Meet on May 24
(Grand Island, NE)- The Central Platte Natural Resources District will hold their monthly Board of Directors meeting at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 24, 2012. The meeting will be held at the NRD office located at 215 Kaufman Avenue in Grand Island.
--Eastern Projects Committee- The committee agenda includes:
1. Kevin Prior, Olsson Associates, will be presenting information about the draft 2012 Grand Island Dewatering System Study.
2. Milt Moravek, assistant manager, will have an update on the Clarks Floodplain mapping.
--Water Resources Committee- Ron Bishop, general manager, will discuss the following:
1. Water Banking update.
--Variance/Appeals Sub-Committee- The sub-committee will discuss and possibly take action on the following:
1. Progress of district-wide LIDAR.
2. Staff recommendations on how to manage the ‘2 & 10’ compliance requirement.
3. Two public hearings for landowners living in Buffalo and Hall counties who have submitted appeals.
--NRCS- James Huntwork, district conservationist of Grand Island, will report to the board.
--Other- As may develop prior to the board meeting.
© 2008-2013 agNET. All rights reserved